Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Back to Nepal!



As I write this, I am standing at a charging station in the Doha Transfer Terminal.  On a brief aside, this is arguably the worst airport ever, and being stuck here for 14 hours after a 15 hour flight Houston is not the greatest thing in the world.  That said, I’m in a surprisingly good mood, and am getting increasingly excited for my return to Surkhet!  The past two months have been a whirlwind, but an absolute blast.  I think the grand finale might have been the highlight of the trip as I was honored to be a groomsman in my great friend Andrew Haas’ wedding.  We had a wonderful weekend, and it was such a great way to end my 2 month “vacation” from Nepal.  For those of you who don’t know Andrew he is one of the more thoughtful people I’ve ever met, and for his groomsman gift he decided to sponsor Monica from Kopila valley!  I was extremely touched by this incredible gesture.

In other news, I will be getting into Nepal at 435 today, and then jump on the first flight out of Kathmandu Thursday morning!  Between the kids, staff, and volunteers I am ecstatic to see everyone’s faces.  After living with people for 6 months its amazing how close you get.  I view the fellows as some of my best friends in the world, the staff as family, and the kids as some of the most amazing young people I’ve ever met.  While I was home, I was able to show off pictures and stories of my time in Nepal and was giddy each time I had the chance to talk about it…alright, maybe not EVERY time (it can get tedious saying the same story a million times!), but I certainly could never get sick of saying how much I love the kids and the people at Kopila Valley. 

I will be sure to update the blog with increasing frequency now that I’m getting back!  Hope everyone is doing great.

No comments:

Post a Comment