Sunday, May 26, 2013

So Long...



Today’s blog post marks the beginning of the end for our original group of fellows.  Last week Mallory left, and just two days ago Ben departed.  It’s definitely been an adjustment, getting used to life without the “OG”.   As I told Ben, I view my relationship with the other fellows as for more than just “housemates”, and am confident I’ve made friends that will remain in my life forever.  We’ve had our fair share of ups and downs, but I couldn’t feel more blessed to have met Safira, Ben, Kelly, Nena, and Mallory who have been constants throughout my time in Nepal.  It is due in no small part to them that this experience has made such a profound change in my life…and I credit these people for helping me keep my sanity and positive disposition throughout my first year in Nepal.  As I’ve mentioned in past posts, living, eating, and playing with the same people for nearly a year can really take its toll, however, Maggie constructed a wonderful group and thankfully we all meshed from the get go(more or less!).  Next up in the line of people leaving is Safira (the one westerner I have not spent a day in Nepal without)…not sure I’m ready for that challenge quite yet.

Happy Memorial Day weekend back home!  Hope everyone is having great lake weekends, beach weekends, and BBQ’s!

So Long Benji...We'll miss you!

Final Fellows Dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment